Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Solo Trip Day 3

I had bad dreams about the ladders. 

So, after the sun woke me today, I just went back to sleep and stayed there until 10!

I finally got dressed and went looking for the guys that run the hostel to see where I should go today.  I was directed to Blue Hole, which is actually in Google Maps, and about half an hour away.



I did not have my bathing suit in my daypack, so I made do with my bra! 

I walked downstream from the Blue Hole falls, looking for exactly this spot-someplace away from the few people who had opted to swim today and shallow enough that I would not drown myself.  I'm a great swimmer, but I do not get over my head alone.

I explored the creek a little more before deciding my first spot was perfect.


When I was teeny, I had a babysitter, an older lady in my parents knew from church.  I don't remember much about her other than her house was HUGE after growing up in a parsonage and only ever going to visit grandparents who both had 5 room houses.
Anyway, that's not my point.  My point is that she also had a POOL!  And I had long hair and I loved to make it float in the water and I would yell, "Marfa, Marfa!  My hair is swimmin!"  She's been dead for years, but, alone in the woods today, I yelled to her anyway.  Maybe she saw.



I hiked out with no shirt on.  I thought about covering up, but I decided that wasn't my story today-hiding my tummy because it's round.  It's also painfully pale, has stretch marks, a freaky deep bellybutton (seriously, is that a sign of some kind of disease?), and doesn't always stay still when I move fast.
It wasn't a move to be all 'in your face, this is me, deal with it' it was a tip of the hand to myself.  I've been making healthy choices, I've been trying new things, I have been more physical and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone.  I'm not slim, I doubt I ever will be.  But I am capable.  I am strong, I can do what I set out to do, even if I'm slower than everyone else or need to find my own route to the end.  This is me, I am 44!

I drove around some of Watauga Lake, it's just beautiful!!



that's a kayak launch!





Back at the hostel, I chatted with a few people and then opted to go get an early dinner.  I have been doing Intermittent Fasting for about 6 weeks.  I do NOT eat after 4 p.m.  It's working.
But yesterday I had a grilled cheese that was so perfect, so good, that I thought about it all day today.  So I went to get another nearby.  It was merely okay but was also only $1.99.

I rented a movie from the Redbox and am in for the evening.  Tomorrow, I head home!  I had come up planning to camp all weekend with the women's group, but it's a 90% chance of storms 12 hours tomorrow and a 60% chance for the 48 hours after that.  I'm not a fan of wet camping.  I may change my mind in the morning.  I dunno. 

No comments:

Post a Comment